The Weed Management Society of South Australia Inc.
(WMSSA) was formed on 15th October 1999, bringing together people actively involved in managing weeds and researchers with interests in protecting our agricultural and natural environments.
The Society provides a forum to share knowledge, debate issues and generate ideas, drawing on practical weed control experience and the latest research. We always welcome new members and our events are open to all.
The principal aim of the Society is to minimise the economic, environmental and social impacts of weeds in South Australia. The objects in respect of this aim are:
- To raise community, government and industry awareness of the economic, environmental and social impacts of weeds in South Australia.
- To encourage and promote community, government and industry support and participation in weed management.
- To encourage and promote best practice weed management based on scientific principles.
- To encourage and promote opportunities for exchange of information and ideas based on research and practice.
- To encourage and promote early identification and prevention of new and potential weeds.
- To cooperate with and support other organisations with similar aims, within South Australia, nationally and internationally.